We have permanently moved to our new domain:

http://www.what2seeonline.com
| 55 comments ]

The month of September is indeed special. My youngest son celebrated his 21st birthday on Monday, my food blog; What2see was featured in the Guang Ming Daily newspaper on Sunday and our successful bloggers gathering at Edelweiss was held on Saturday! What touching moments back to back.

My youngest son, TMZ has reached his 21st birthday. He is now a young adult. My husband with our eldest son, TMY and myself would like to wish him 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' and the very best in his future undertakings. Looking back at the past, all this years has been rewarding to see both of my sons grown up to be fine young men.

P1030598
Chinese New Year 2008

scan0007
My two young boys back then in 1991

We will be celebrating his birthday tonight and he has chosen to have it at Tao Japanese Restaurant at E-gate. This would be our fourth visit this time around.

***

The second joyous moment was seeing my blog being featured in the Sunday Guang Ming newspaper on 28/9/2008. Thanks to Cariso for sending me a message early in the morning informing me that my blog was featured else I would have missed it. It came as a surprise as I was told that the publishing of the article would be delay due to time constraint.

For those who missed out on the paper version, the on-line article is found ...
http://www.guangming.com.my/node/34484?tid=5

guangming

The ironic thing is, I can't understand a word of the article except for the HUGE number 46 which I know is my age! Why, why must they mentioned it in such a large font! :P However, I would like to express my utmost appreciation to the reporter CC Lim, photographer Mike Chan, Guang Ming Daily and all the readers & bloggers who has been supportive of What2See. For without all of you, this blog would not have come this far.

P1100316 anna
The newspaper article and my feature photo; a joyful day for me!


***

2NDFLOGGERMEET

The third moment was being able to meet everyone of the bloggers including all the new faces in the 2nd Penang Bloggers Gathering held at Edelweiss Café. These are some snippets of the night which was fun filled with activities.

P1100295 P1100296 P1010764
Everyone had a great time getting to know each other and exchanging their experiences. I'm very glad to have entered the world of blogging and getting to know these wonderful people.

P1100255P1100256P1100253 P1100257P1100281P1100252

There were plenty of food, drinks and gifts for everyone. For the dinner, we had the set menu prepared specially by the owner, Theresa. This is my plate of Roast Leg of Lamb served with mashed potatoes and salad. It was moderately tantalizing but slightly tough. Besides the dessert of Apple Flan, we also get to enjoy chocolate brownies from Ah Shui.

P1100293 P1100301

Thank you everyone for making this gathering a success! Hope to see you all of you real soon!

55 comments

Anonymous said... @ September 29, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Happy bufday to your son ..... and congrats to you on featured in the press ....

AND A BIG BIG THANKS FOR MAKING THE GATHERING SO SUCCESSFUL!

It is worth for me to travel all the way back just for this gathering. Really really worth it ..... and we had so much fun!

Looking forward for the third round .....

Anonymous said... @ September 29, 2008 at 8:01 PM

wow....... congratulation..

"sam hei lam mun"... gong hei gong hei....

J2Kfm said... @ September 29, 2008 at 8:48 PM

congrats on the feature, and a job well done with the gathering.
though I was not present to fully appreciate your efforts, but I can see through the blogs what an event it was. :)

Dragon said... @ September 29, 2008 at 8:59 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said... @ September 29, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Hi CK, it's nice for me to meet u in person! I enjoyed very much during the gathering: the food, the people, the environment. Too bad we didn't have much conversation that night.

I'm looking forward to the 3rd gathering! Hehehe.

By the way, Happy Birthday to you son.

One more thing, wah!!! You become famous liao! in newspaper somemore. Hor liao lo!!! Congrats ya!!!

Lingzie said... @ September 29, 2008 at 9:16 PM

now i know why your url is called tmytmz!! lol.
was always wondering abt it but never managed to ask you!

congrats on your guang ming daily feature! i'm very happy to see that guang ming is being so supportive of the blogging world :)

and thank you for helping to make the gathering such a fun and successful one.
and psst.. you dont look 46 la. look much younger than that. so dont worry! heehee

New Kid on the Blog said... @ September 29, 2008 at 9:29 PM

happy birthday to your son... you are 46?? nope, you do not look like one...

oh ya, congratulations on the successful gathering.

I was actually drove all the way from one side of the island to the other side, drove few rounds and couldn't get a parking lot, thus I decided to go back. I looked inside and I saw many people in there, and I know it must be a good turn out.

Congratulations again!!

cariso said... @ September 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM

CK,
Why 46 is in big font? It's because you are very "YEAH" loh! You gonna motivate a lot of Mama's.

Shell (貝殼) said... @ September 29, 2008 at 10:26 PM

congratulation^^~
Now i only know ur blog address is a combination of ur sons' name

Anonymous said... @ September 29, 2008 at 11:03 PM

1. A happy, joyful birthday to your son! And a spectacular year ahead :-)

2. Congratulations:
a) on being featured in the Papers - what a thrill it must have been :-)

b) for being 46 and not looking a bit like it! :-)

3. The floggers gathering looked like it was loads of fun!

Sweet Jasmine said... @ September 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Happy Birthday to yr son and congrats to you for being on the news. I really look forward to the blogger's gathering but could not make it. Will have to wait for next year gathering.

Tau Sar Phneah said... @ September 30, 2008 at 1:10 AM

ck, wowwwwwww you're famous liao...haha..even was featured in newspaper le..

wht i could said, it was an indeed a successfull gathering from the photos..finger cross i shall join you guys in the third one.. :)

CRIZ LAI said... @ September 30, 2008 at 1:37 AM

Wow! A star is born. :) Congrats on being featured in GMD. Now I also know why your blog address is so. At least I can remember it off hand now :P

Anyway, Happy 21st Birthday to TMZ :)

Pss.. What's cooking this 6th December? :P

http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

Christina Kim said... @ September 30, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Hey CONGRATS congrats!!! Am really happy and proud of you!~:D
Sorry I was unable to make it to the gathering...but looking fwd to other gatherings:)

P.S: Your dress is lovely! ^_^

Anonymous said... @ September 30, 2008 at 10:07 AM

HI CK
Even the newspaper stated that you are 46 years old, but I and my colleagues really cant believe that you are 46 years old, you looks much more younger that you are. I see lots of blog recently, I think your blog is more stable and consistent.

soo sean said... @ September 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM

You are a young mother of 2 big big boy. I am sure you are very pleased and proud with your two sons. I wish you the very best in future!

Anonymous said... @ September 30, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Hey there Hot Momma!

I guess all the previous comments pretty much said it all. :D

So, I will just say this to you -
"Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!" for the triple touching moments.

It makes all those late nites of photo editing, brain-wrecking moments of having writer's block...so totally worth it, eh? ;)

Sorry I didn't get to join the gathering. Even tho Japan was cancelled, I ended up in KL for the weekend. Next time ya!

Allie said... @ September 30, 2008 at 11:14 AM

WAh! Congratulations! and Celebrations!

You really don't look like 46. Sorry I also don't understand the article... but must find someone to translate it for me. Hehe

Happy birthday to your son !

CK Lam said... @ September 30, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Email2me - It was our pleasure to have you coming ALL the way from KL to join us in the gathering. Hope to see you and also your friends in the next one.

Penangtuapui - I am deeply touched...terima kasih, terima kasih and terima kasih to three of you :)

J2kfm - Really hope to see you in the next event...no more escape for you as there is plenty of time for you to arrange it...haha

Allenooi - Thanks for the comment. The next blogger to be publish in the papers could be you...you won't know!

CK Lam said... @ September 30, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Lingzie - Many thanks to you for making the gathering a success and hope there are many more along the way.

Now you know the reason why I chose this unusual url that sounds weird... it is for my two 'precious'.

New Kid on the Blog - What a good chance for us to meet up with you that night...you were right in the doorsteps. You could at least blast your horn.

But anyway, I would love to have you with us on the coming December gathering ... try to arrange it now as there is ample time.

CK Lam said... @ September 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Cariso - Thanks for telling me about my published article... I bought a copy of the newspaper for keeping lor.

Shell - that's right and I don't think there is one such similar address outside there...or is there?

Kaya Meekoo - The gathering was filled with lots of activities and fun and of course plenty of food.

Hope you will be one of the new faces in the next event.

Sweet Jasmine - Thank you for your wishes. You don't have to wait for next year as there will be one gathering in early December...will keep you posted.

Anonymous said... @ September 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Congratulations.... Wow..so many good news for you in this week... So proud of you that your blog is being published in the newspaper... The second food blogger gathering was very successful... would like to say congrats again...

CK Lam said... @ September 30, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Tau Sar Phneah - Thanks for supporting my blog all this while from UK...haha.

The third event will be in 6th December...hope you will be back in Penang at that time.

Criz Lai - I do understand that my blog address is kind of difficult to remember but glad you do grab it now :) I am yet to be updated with further details on the next event.

Christy - Thanks for your wishes and hopefully you will take sometime off to join us on the 6th of December.

CK Lam said... @ September 30, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Sherene - A person might look slightly different as when feature in a photo, might not look so young in real life...haha.

Anyway, thanks to you and your colleague for supporting my blog all this time.

Soo Sean - I am just as pleased and happy to see you dropping by my blog and getting comments and wishes from you :)

Eleen Por - Putting time and effort in the blog and in return getting to know all of you is really priceless...

Do plan to bring your friends to join in the next gathering.

Allie - Looks like both of us doesn't understand the article...but I finally got my MIL to translate it for me.

Would be nice if you could join in the next gathering and thanks for your comment.

Food Paradise said... @ September 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Congratulations to you! Just saw your article from the link stated from your blog.
You really look younger than your age. lol You should be proud and happy.

Tau Sar Phneah said... @ September 30, 2008 at 8:19 PM

i enjoyed reading your blog..esp on penang street food..it helps to cure my home sick :(

i guessed i'll miss out the 3rd gathering again as i will only be touching down on the mid of jan for cny celebration..nvm then, we still could catch up on each other for some tau sar phneahs and kopi o..hehe

anyway, i just realised that your blog url is from the name of your 2precious :) :)

Steven Goh said... @ September 30, 2008 at 9:39 PM

wah, 3 x happiness. Congradulation, congradulation and congradulation again. Please send my regards to your son TMZ and also congradulation to you upon getting more famous dee, now on Guang Ming Daily. After famous liao don't forget me ok?

Food For Tots said... @ September 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Your blog is great! I have bookmarked it as my food guide for my next Penang trip this coming year end. Miss all the SINful foods there..hahaha..!

Little Inbox said... @ September 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM

I'm so happy for you! Happy b'day to TMZ!Congratulations to you! Don't worry, you still look slim, hot and sexy!
Well, I wish to join the next gathering!

Anonymous said... @ September 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Congratulations to you!!!! I think I had read 2 Malaysian bloggers been published in news...Rasa Malaysia and you. That's real cool! Oh, I had been thinking of telling for long time that you looked very young for that 2 digits in news. I wished I will be like that when I hit the digits LOL. You're born with lovely genes!Another... the way you layout the pictures of the PG 2nd Gathering @ Edelweiss is very good and easy to see. I like it very much. Hah... finally a good look at famous Lillian! Thank you so much for sharing!

CK Lam said... @ October 1, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Food Paradise - I am very happy to see your wishes :)

Tau Sar Phneah - It would be nice to meet up with you, contact me when you are back. We go out for a drink...you bring the tau sar phneahs and I will pay for the kopi o.

Steven Goh - You have been my supportive friend all along. Thanks!

Btw...please send me the photo of us taken in Edelweiss.

CK Lam said... @ October 1, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Food For Tots - You can always email me for my h/p no. should you need further info for your visit.

Little Inbox - Knowing you since I started blogging but yet to see you face to face...hope to see you in the coming gathering!

Pixen - All of us had the opportunity to meet up with Lilian who is indeed a very friendly person.

Btw...I am glad that you like the layout and thanks for dropping by with your sweet sweet wishes. Do join us in the coming event.

Faye fly said... @ October 1, 2008 at 9:42 AM

i know ur blog from guang hua .cool ah ur blog a lot of food!!.. u really not look like aunty lah..jie jie lah ^^

Christina Kim said... @ October 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Hey ck, I have tagged you...famous blogger....join in the fun!~ :D

CK Lam said... @ October 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Faye Fly - Nice to see you flying inside here...haha and hope you will continue visiting.

Christy - Ok...sounds fun to me.

Andrew said... @ October 1, 2008 at 11:40 AM

After one year's of hard work, it's finally beginning to pay off. Congrats and continue to keep the wonderful posting coming!

CK Lam said... @ October 1, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Fortesfidelis - Its nice to see your comment. Thanks!

Ah Shui said... @ October 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Hi CK, very happy to meet u, congratulation and hope to meet u again..

Anonymous said... @ October 2, 2008 at 1:51 PM

*claps* triple congrats to you!! You are really a great blogger.
And thanks so much for your effort in arranging the great gathering.
Keep in touch. :)

CK Lam said... @ October 2, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Ah Shui - It was lovely meeting up with you...such a professional baker...all of us enjoyed the delicious brownies.

Buzzingbee - Only realised that I miss out taking a photo with you in this gathering when I started to post...:(

Anyway...thank you so much for being so supportive.

email2me said... @ October 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM

My post on the gathering also up already

Anonymous said... @ October 3, 2008 at 9:23 AM

wah you are so famous already

CK Lam said... @ October 3, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Email2me - Saw your post...great review with lots of info and photos!

Vkeong - I am just lucky that Guang Ming wants to write about my blog. Still a lot to learn along the way.

Thanks for your support and comments :)

Big Boys Oven said... @ October 3, 2008 at 4:13 PM

wow this is so cool! congratulation on your journey of blogging! great fun and the great returns!

Anonymous said... @ October 3, 2008 at 5:56 PM

CK, I am waiting for your next post. Hehehe.

CK Lam said... @ October 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Big Boys Oven - I am very happy to see you dropping by. Thank you for your comments too.

Your blog is very impressive with nice and cystal clear photos ... makes you want to grab the food and have a bite.

minchow said... @ October 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Wow! Congratulations on all the recent wonderful turn of events, exactly the kinda stuff that makes life even sweeter and more delicious than ever! I truly enjoy checking in your blog regularly and I'm glad that now, even more people will get to know it and enjoy it too!

CK Lam said... @ October 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM

550ml jar of faith - You have always been a great spot...it would be nice if you could made it to our next potluck gathering in early December.

Do update me on your next home coming holiday...we could get together for a drink. Thanks for checking on my blog :)

The girl who wants it red said... @ October 4, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Congrats!!!! :) :) Keep it up.
You don't look 46 at all so no worries, age doesn't matter, just feel young & beautiful; it's the heart that counts :D

JENCOOKS said... @ October 4, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Wow CK, that was indeed a nice gathering and initiative that leads to the press featuring it. All you u must have enjoyed yourselves and I wonder if I should coincide any Penang trip with one of your gatherings...well done.

CK Lam said... @ October 4, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Weyl - Nice seeing you dropping by again after a lapse of time... hope things are going fine.

Jencooks - We were glad that everything ran smoothly on the gathering.

The next potluck is in 6th December...try to be with us.

The girl who wants it red said... @ October 5, 2008 at 11:45 AM

haha yea was busy settling down with my first brand new job! :D :D but all is well and I'm back for more food reviews. Preparing for end of the year trip back to Penang, must take note and visit the places you have recommended =)

Btw, you know of any good vegetarian restaurants? I've been suffering from lousy-vegetarian servings in Sg haha.

CK Lam said... @ October 5, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Weyl - You could try out the food at Lily's Vegetarian Kitchen in Madras Lane.

Another good one is Evergreen in Pulau Tikus, opposite the old post office.

Anonymous said... @ October 5, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Wuah, I think I have seen Mr. CKLam before lah. But I just cannot recall from where only.

Congrats wor. For being such a young mummy to two handsome men and for being in Guang Ming.

CK Lam said... @ October 5, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Lilian - It is nice of you to drop by, really appreciate it. I had a great time knowing you in person at the Edelweiss gathering.

Hope to see you again or catch you over a cup of coffee...

Post a Comment